Say what? Like every other large task you need to achieve in life. Instead of launching straight into it, you need to build into it.
What do all these have in common?
- You want to drop 10kg, so you go on a crash diet
- You want to run a marathon, so you attempt it in week 1
- You want to earn more money, so you take on a second and third job
- You want to get up an hour earlier every day to walk before work
Failure is the likely outcome. Because you haven’t slowly trained for this. The body and mind cannot handle extreme change over an extended period. As resilient as we are, there are limits.
Break these tasks down into very achievable sub-tasks. And let’s start with the easiest one – the walk before work.
- Day 1 – get out of bed 10 mins earlier than usual to get your faculties together and to realise that this is easy and I can do more.
- Day 2 – up 20 mins earlier. Prepare your walking clothing for the next day.
- Day 3 – up 30 mins earlier. Go for a 20 min walk.
- Day 4 – up 40 mins earlier. Go for a 30 min walk.
And you know the rest.
This is exactly how you create more hours in a day by training for it. Meanwhile you are also far less likely to fail at you set task as you have built into it!
Contact us today – to learn how to buy time and lessen your failure rate:
Your author, Ken Ross is a current competitive natural bodybuilder with INBA PNBA Global. In 2007, Ken started at ground zero mentally and physically. Ken has now competed in 138 INBA PNBA Global competitions, is the world record holder for INBA competitions, is a PNBA Pro Bodybuilder, is in the INBA Hall of Fame, is the INBA PNBA Global World Ambassador, is the INBA PNBA Global New Zealand President. has created 29 INBA PNBA Global Olympia, Universe or World Champions, and Ken also coaches athletes globally for natural bodybuilding competitions.
You can contact Ken through the contact form on flexr6.com or Instagram: @flexr6 or Facebook: Flexr6 Fitness Solutions
Founding Director of FLEXR6 Fitness Solutions and a natural bodybuilder for 37 years. Ken is based in Australia and currently competes at the international level. Ken is a current PNBA Pro, INBA Hall of Fame Inductee, INBA PNBA Global New Zealand President, INBA World Ambassador, multiple Asia Pacific, Natural Universe & Natural Olympia gold medallist, Competition Preparation Coach, writer for Iron Man Magazine and has competed in 138 INBA shows! Ken is also a qualified Personal Trainer & Nutrition Coach. Read more about Ken or get in touch via the contact form.